The last of the Baby Boomers (those born in 1964) are turning 50 this year. I’m starting to think we’re not kids anymore.
Now that the science is in and we’re officially adults, how did we Boomers do as the leading generation over the past four decades?
To jar your memory, remember these?
- “You’ve come a long way, baby.”
- “And that’s the way it is.”
- “Ask not what your country can do for you …”
- “It takes a licking and keeps on ticking.”
- “Live long and prosper.”
- “Mom always liked you best.”
- “Sock it to me.”
- “We’ve got a really big shoooooewww.”
- “Well isn’t that special?”
- “Would you believe …?”
- “You raaaaaaaaang?”
- “Pardon me, would you have any Grey Poupon?”
- “Jane, you ignorant slut.”
- “How you doin’?”
- “If it weren’t for you meddling kids!”
- “The thrill of victory; the agony of defeat.”
- “Heeeeeeeeeeere’s Johnny!”
Ring any bells? Good! Please use those refreshed memories to drop a little of your wisdom our way. We’d like you to take part in our brief, eight-question Baby Boomer scorecard survey.
The times they were a-changin’ back in the Baby Boomers’ formative years — and they’re still changing today. The “free love” movement impacted future generations’ views on marriage. Millennials now appear to be less inclined to marry than previous generations, based on what they saw from their parents’ experience with marriage. Drug usage became more common in the 60s and 70s; today we now have new drug and alcohol laws that are more restrictive in some ways (war on drugs, drunk driving laws) and more permissive (marijuana laws) in other ways. Political scandals rocked every decade. As a result, approval ratings for politicians continue a downward trend.
Indeed, the times have changed. Let us know how the Baby Boomers handled all this change by taking our Baby Boomer scorecard survey today!
This means you!
To be clear, we’re not asking only the Baby Boomers to rate themselves. We want to know how all generations rate how the Baby Boomers have left their mark on the world. We’ll use your insights to create new content for WiseTribe in the coming year.
Thanks! Baby, you’re the greatest!