Caprese Stuffed Garlic Butter Portobello Mushrooms is as easy as it is delicious! If you have less than 10 minutes to cook a healthy vegetarian dinner, then this recipe is for you!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 5-6 large Portobello Mushrooms, stem removed, washed and dried with a paper towel
- 5-6 fresh mozzarella cheese balls, sliced thinly
- 1 cup grape (or cherry) tomatoes, sliced thinly
- fresh basil, shredded to garnish
Balsamic Glaze: (or you can use store bought, or this recipe)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven.
- Combine all of the Garlic Butter ingredients together in a small saucepan (or microwave safe bowl), and melt until garlic is fragrant. Brush the bottoms of each mushroom and place them, buttered side down, on a baking tray.
- Flip and brush any remaining garlic over the insides of each cap. Fill each mushroom with the mozzarella slices and tomatoes, and bake until cheese has melted and golden in color (about 8-10 minutes). Make sure to keep an eye on them, they cook very fast!
- To serve, top with the basil, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and sprinkle with salt to taste.
For the Balsamic Glaze:
If making from scratch, prepare while mushrooms are in the oven…Combine sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced to a glaze.