Serving: 4 people
5 guajillo chiles
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon dry oregano
⅔ whole roma tomatoes
1 tablespoon salt
1 cup diced cooked potatoes
1 cup diced cooked carrots
8 corn tortillas
2 cups grated fresco cheese
2 cups shredded lettuce
About 2 cups water
2 teaspoons oil
1. In a pot bring the water to a boil and add the washed chiles and tomatoes. Cover and remove from heat. Wait 5 minutes and carefully remove the skin from the tomatoes.
2. Put garlic, onion, pepper, cumin, oregano, chiles and tomatoes in a blender. Blend very well adding water if needed. This is you sauce.
3. In a saucepan add the oil and when very hot carefully pour the sauce. Season with salt and let boil for 5 minutes. Reserve.
4. Reheat the tortillas on a hot skillet, with a little bit of oil to make them pliable.
5. On a work surface, take a tortilla, add two tablespoons of sauce, then cheese and roll like a cigar. Continue until you finish your tortillas.
6. Arrange two enchiladas on a bed of lettuce, pour a little bit of sauce, some carrots, potatoes and cheese. Serve immediately.
Wisdom of Meatless Mondays
Meatless Monday is a global movement made up of individuals and local communities that share a commitment to address the health and environmental consequences of a meat-centric diet.
Join WiseTribe with our #wisefood community friends every third Monday at the Delray Beach Children’s Garden for a Meatless Monday potluck from 5:30pm to 7pm. Please bring a dish to share and a plate and serving ware.
The simplest actions can unify us the most.